1.03.2010

FEEDBACK NEEDED: Which photo to blow up

On our trip to Australia and New Zealand, I was able to take a lot of pictures and I am planning on blowing up a couple. It would help me a lot to get feedback from people as to which ones you like or think would look the best blown up and framed. If you have read my blog, one of my "50 in 500" things to do was to blow up some pictures I take. Thanks for the help!!! Hope you like them

Image #1: Queenstown - Great lighting but with really dark clouds ahead. This one is very unique

Image #2: Mirror Lake: Nice mix of mountains and lake. The waters are so dark it doesn't seem like you should be able to see through it. It has a very cool effect

Image #3: Waterfall at Milford Sound - I love the lighting and green color in this photo. It is hard to tell just how massive this is but it is over 400 ft. One of my favorites for sure

Image #4: Mossy trees near Lake Makenzie on the Routeburn Track - So much of the track seemed almost like a fairytale land with the deep green moss on the trees and rock. Really hard to get a good photo because of it but this turned out pretty good.

Image #5&6: Harris Lake - These were taken with my wide angle lens (10-22). I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I put them both. I really like the depth in these photos. We were standing on one mountain taking photos of another mountain and valley... impossible to grasp the scale from a photo but these do the best job.


Image #7: Routeburn Track - This is one of my favorites without a doubt. It is so unique with the dark snow-capped mountains in the background and the green in the foreground. The trail is really cool looking at this part of the trail too. Great color... not to mention my lovely wife Joo adding a sense of scale to the mountains and trail.

Image #8: Routeburn Valley - This was one of the most breathtaking views we saw and this photo captures it best. I really love how the valley looks between the very green mountains on both sides. These were the types of views that made New Zealand the kind of place I will never tire returning to.

Image #9: Huka Falls - This is one of the more unique photos I took. It is hard to take long exposures during the day let alone when the sun is so bright like it was on this day. I am really happy how the water turned out... you can really see each rapid.

Image #10: Wai-o-tapu geothermal wonderland - I am actually surprised I only chose one from this lake. There were so many that turned out great. This one is my favorite because of how vivid the reflection is and how great the sky looks. The color and steam were so neat to look at here.

Image #11: The forest in Wai-o-tapu - This one reminds me of Lord of the Rings. The ferns at the bottom and light through the trees made this one of my favorites while it was still in my viewfinder. I was really surprised with how good this one came out.

Image #12&13: Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House - I always love when long exposures come out well. They are difficult to get right and you really need the right site and conditions. We were pretty blessed in Sydney and these turned out very good. I really love these especially the bridge shot.

4 comments:

  1. Bobby,

    Amazing pictures! Your trip must have been fabulous. The pics that I was most drawn to are #4, #8, and #10. If I had to weight these I would ultimately pick #10 due to the overall balance of colors and visual objects in both the sky and the reflections. Excellent work dude. Interesting blog as well.

    Best,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobby,

    All of these are great. I just recently blew up a few pictures from my SE Asia trip and they make my office a bit less sterile. All of these would be great, but if I had to narrow it down, I would select 1,6 and 7.

    Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all nice but I like image 2 the best since there is no where I've been that looks like that...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Image 5, 6 or 10.... your pictures are all SO purty. Loving your new camera!

    ReplyDelete